Friday, November 3, 2017

Day two - hotlanta

yoga time

Today has been so long it feels like 3 days, but I guess that just means I am making the most of this adventure! I let myself sleep in after staying up till 2 am last night trying to figure out what my travel should look like moving forward... finally got out of bed at 8:50 to grab a few bites of the hotel breakfast that was over at 9. Needless to say, it was less than stellar but I really don't care - I just needed some protein so I could get on the road and those watery eggs did the trick.










I set my destination as Atlanta, trying to be realistic even though it was only supposed to be 6.5 hours away. I was hoping to get here before dinner time so that I could find somewhere awesome to eat and make up for the terrible breakfast (not looking for pity here, I clearly do this to myself). After a few hours of driving I left NC, made a quick stop to stretch at a rest area - and just went all out LA and popped my yoga mat on the grass under the shade of a little tree and did a quick flow. The weather was gorgeous and it just seemed right. Not doing yoga/working out for a few days and missing those happy endorphins can really start to mess with your head. I'm sure all the random truckers also at the stop thought I was a weirdo, but since I basically live in my yoga clothes - at least I fit the part.

Quick break for lunch and gas at the next exit I found, but nothing exciting to report there (except I decided to let myself get a chocolate chip cookie). Then I headed through SC but got sleepy shortly after switching states - plus your butt literally starts to hurt after about 3/4 hours of driving. I decided to pull into another rest stop (those are very convenient along 85) and grabbed my yoga mat again but just used it for a little power nap in the shade.

Feeling very refreshed (YES I AM BEING SAFE AND NOT DRIVING WHILE I AM TIRED) I headed for Georgia. Wow - they have such nice rest areas in GA compared to NC/SC!! So clean and fancy, they even have vending machines that just sell "healthy" stuff. I would have killed for an apple or banana, but was too determined to go find a real store to buy those from.


am I good at these welcome sign selfies yet?


I also found and booked a hostel online for tonight (my delayed plans means nothing was/is booked ahead of time). Ended up not being a place I wanted to stay, so I'm at an airbnb instead with the sweetest lady from South Africa. Before I got here I stopped at the ATL International Night Market - that event blew my mind. I have never seen so many different kinds of food in one place before, plus they had performers and live music! The $5 was wayyy worth it. I ended up eating caribbean, thai, and mexican but I could have stayed there trying/eating everything for weeks.













1 comment: