Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Day Seven - halfway

I literally can't believe I'm only halfway through this trip, its taking forever and flying by at the same time. I stayed in Austin today, and will be here again tomorrow also.
Leroys and Lewis

I kicked off today by sleeping in super late (8:30 instead of 7) and then since a cold front had just moved in, I had 0 motivation to get up and go outside/do anything besides that. So I had a bowl of cereal and got back in bed - and it was amazing. Eventually I figured I would regret actually doing nothing all day, so I pulled out this trusty old laptop and tried to figure out what I wanted to do.

My friends gave me lots of suggestions yesterday, so I checked those out and looked to see if there was anything else I should add to my list for ATX. Since I don't usually have the leisure of planning days in advance, I thought about today and what I really wanted to make sure I did: yoga and something outdoors.

After spending way too much time trying to find a yoga studio, and equally as much time figuring out the whole rest of my day + tomorrow (yes, I spent way too long trying to pick a studio), I eventually headed out.
in the prehistoric gardens

The first thing I needed to do at this point, was eat lunch. I had found a lunch spot thanks to yelp and headed that way as my first stop. I eventually narrowed it down to food truck and bbq since I thought that was very Austin of me. I was hoping for brisket, but settled for pork tongue - which was delicious. Unfortunately the cold front made eating outside less comfortable, but I insisted on the full experience.

After lunch I headed to Zilker Botanical Gardens just down the street, I stopped at Graffiti Park next. It was so awesome, I wish I lived here so I could see it change every so often. Lots of other people stopped by while I was there, some just for photos and others to paint. I even met a guy at the top who had been there 1.5 hours already and was racing the rain to finish! He asked if I was an artist also, and I had to admit that I'm not really - just sometimes acrylic on canvas, but that I recently gave everything except a few of my favorite brushes away since I was moving.







Then I checked out the first/original Whole Foods, stopped at 24 diner which was so delicious - I got chili and cornbread (with butter made from crack-cocaine I swear it was so good). I even met two older/cool dudes and the bartender there (since I ate at the bar cuz tables were a long wait) and then headed to the yoga class I finally decided on.

dinner at 24 diner

I haven't practiced since a few days before I moved, so it felt like forever since I really gave myself some time to do yoga. I hope I don't have to go that long again, I feel much better now! And the instructor for our class was originally from LA, moved to DC for school at GW, and then drove back to live in Austin!! What are the odds our stories are pretty similar? So anyways, that was cool.

Between random graffiti dude, friends at the bar/restaurant, and yoga instructor - I'm making so many friends!! Everyone is so nice here also, I love being somewhere where people hold open doors and say "thank you" or "excuse me" all the time. My kind of people.

Finally made it home from yoga pretty late tonight, had a quick chat with my friends before bed about how long/boring LOTR is, and then we were all ready to pass out!

I have some plans for tomorrow, but I think I'll just wait until they happen to tell you ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment