Thursday, November 16, 2017

Day Eleven - and all the days after

my passenger seat by the end...
As you can assume, I have made it to sunny CA. Apparently it has been in the 20s/30s in MD and while I wish I had more sympathy - I'm mostly just so glad I got out before those temps hit because BYE I DON'T FEEL BAD!

finally, signs for LA!

 Sorry, that wasn't supposed to be mean... I'm just really happy to have finally escaped winter.












 I arrived in Long Beach on Sunday night, my temporary sleeping quarters were all ready for me. I have brought minimal things in from my very full car, basically just what I needed, because I picked right up on Monday morning and am back to working full time. Yes, that is my "suitcase" at the foot of the bed, a very classy trader joes reusable grocery bag. I mean hey - it works!

The last day of my drive was uneventful, I expected to be excited when I woke up - but this whole time I have just felt very calm. The last 2 hours were long, it was dark and I was not interested in all the traffic.

sunset at Long Beach airport
Its so nice to finally be here, but also doesn't feel real yet because I'm so used to having a place where I stay to call home. At the moment, the closest thing to that is my car. I am excited to find a place (hopefully soon) where I can unpack and have my own space. I am sure my sister will feel the same shortly, if she doesn't already haha. She even graciously temporarily donated some drawer space to me so I can unpack just a bit, and we are sharing lots of counter space in the bathroom.


As strange as it is to not have a real "home" at the moment, I do feel very lucky because I have three sets of house keys attached to my car keys, and have 2 garage codes memorized to places I know I am welcome - both here and at home. Again, the support from everyone has been helpful beyond words.

This has been the truest test and pushing to my limits of my type-A plan everything ahead-ness, but I am becoming more comfortable with not needing everything to be organized all the time. I am taking every advantage I can to grow from this experience.

One cool thing about being here on the west coast for my job is that its easy for me to join my team whenever they come into town for a sales pitch. I got a chance to do that in Irvine and I hope to continue to contribute that way, I'm sure its pretty convenient not to fly someone across the country and also for the clients to have a point of contact who is more local aka. me!

last sunset on the road!
I have been so busy catching up with work and trying to find a place to live/buying food/doing laundry that I haven't made time for yoga or working out, and I really haven't made any new friends.

Hopefully soon I can start incorporating all that back into my life again - for now just a lot of very productive alone time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment