Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Day Six - finally, people I know!

multigrain/spinach/tomato/swiss/egg/avocado




Looks like I jinxed myself two days in a row - my speakers in my car randomly stopped working (if you know why a 2011 Hyundai Elanta would have this happen across the radio/bluetooth/cd audio, let me know...) So its a good thing I prefer no music, because my longest day of driving is about to have no music. Cant wait.








Today I kicked off Houston with an eggcelent breakfast, follow by what started as horseback riding but ended up as a massage. Luckily for me, those places aren't super busy on a Tuesday, so I was able to schedule a massage at the last minute. Its probably for the best... my body is pretty ravaged by 6 days of driving so far.

One thing I didnt realize is how many toll roads there are in TX, I definitely got on one without realizing and for sure will have a bill mailed to me. It was dark and I saw the flashes from the photo when they got me - but their signs are confusing and its hard to see them all in the dark! They do have very wide roads here though, which is nice. Maybe because they seem to have so much room? Everything is so spread out, I went just barely outside Houston but the drive to my massage place was 45 minutes (would have only been 25-30 if I used the toll roads, but they require the pass I don't have)

when someones in your photo doing a pregnancy shoot
full body + reflexology











After my hour long massage, it was time to wash the 1.8 mil bugs off my car and after I was headed to the infamous whattaburger for lunch and then the Water Wall attraction in the city. Whattaburger was definitely better than the other burger chains, and they had fun toppings and more options. I opted for the original because I wanted to taste the real thing.

Then I decided to set up for my drive to Austin. Strategically I tried to explore Houston as much as possible, but still leave before rush hour and get to Austin.

The drive from Houston to Austin was the easiest day of driving that I will have on the trip, so I enjoyed the lack of traffic and muscle stiffness today.

I arrived in Austin to another friends house who was kind enough to offer their guest bedroom - we went to grab some delicious and very "Austin" tacos and they did not disappoint. I still need to figure out what I am doing in Austin for the next few days... but I got some great ideas over tacos tonight!!
Torchys Tacos


ps. I am literally writing these as I go to sleep at night, literally falling asleep at the computer - please excuse any bad grammar, run on sentences or misspelled words. thx

No comments:

Post a Comment