Friday, November 10, 2017

Day Nine - the longest drive


I was very sad to leave my ATX friends, but am convinced that I can get my sis to come back and visit them with me (Jess - if you're reading this, sorry in advance for the nagging). I had a great time in that city, so after a quick breakfast and packing of my things, I headed out.

these guys especially...
I stopped in Johnson City to check out a coffee/shop where I met these little guys and wanted to bring one home so bad! But, no room in my car...

this is really just for Jess/Lauren
The good news is, the drive from Austin to El Paso wasn't as bad as I expected. The bad news is that I had a truck kick up a giant rock onto my windshield resulting in a sizeable crack. Luckily I knew from other people that I should get it fixed as soon as possible so it didn't get any bigger. This happened around 4pm, I managed to be driving through a big enough town that had an auto glass repair shop in it, and got to them by 4:30 to fix it and be back on the road before 5! For some reason or another, luck was clearly on my side to have such good timing (before close) and be near an actual bigger city when it happened so that I could find a shop, plus they ended up not even charging me to fix it!! That's southern hospitality for ya.





I left around 10:30am and got here around 7:30pm - which includes a time zone change and a cracked windshield repair, so I'm happy with that travel time. I stopped around 12:30 for lunch in Fredericksburg at Sunset Grille, that little town was a cute treat to drive through, And I made sure I filled up my tank so that I wasn't stranded on the desert highway with no fuel.

I actually got to see the sun set on my drive here, and then arrived once it was dark - so seeing the city lights from far away as I drove up was pretty neat. Plus I got to see all the stars also!

I was planning to try and go out on the town tonight, but I'm so exhausted from my drive that I'm just gonna call it an early night. I'm less than 12 hours from LA now, so this distance is pretty real!

1 comment: