Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Summer Time Adventures

As I mentioned in my previous post, I would be writing later about all the things that kept me so busy (and so away) from my blog.

INTERNSHIPS
First, and maybe most exciting, my two internships I got for over the summer. My Monday/Wednesday internship was at Mile One Automotive, even if you haven't heard of them - you probably still know them.  They own every other dealership in the area, and continue through PA, VA, and NC.  I am in the marketing department working with the eCommerce director.  I work on projects related to facebook, event marketing, SEO, youtube etc. I am fortunate to have found such a company with many facets to their marketing department, allowing me to gain experience in many areas. They even offered me the chance to apply for a position with the event marketing team about 2 months ago, what a treat!


My second internship was at an upscale catering company called Chef's Expressions.  It is a much smaller company, so it was good to be able to contrast the experience in trying to decide if I preferred a larger or smaller company.  I worked on a number of "regular" almost weekly projects, as well as a couple long term items.  One of those was a website for a big event they are working on called the farmer and the chef (check it out: www.thefarmerandthechefmd.com), I hope you think its pretty! The other was proposing and then moving them from a paper to online referral program.  I also created it to be usable for feedback after events as well.  An exciting concept that I introduced them to was QR codes, which are now a regular part of their postcard mailouts.  I certainly learned a lot with Chef's.


PART TIME JOB
This isn't really anything new, but for those of you who are wondering, yes - I am still with the lovely ladies (and gentleman) at Baltimore County Savings Bank in their Financial Services department working as an administrative assistant. I love it there and am going to stay as long as I can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment